Church text messaging is an SMS service that provides a quick, convenient and effective platform for church leaders and staff to stay in touch, and connect with churchgoers. This helps the church to engage and build a relationship with the congregation.
Why Use Church Text Messaging?
At times congregants may need spiritual guidance or prayer for a particular need but may feel cut off from the church on weekdays. A church should be able to communicate with its members effectively and promptly. This demonstrates genuine concern for its members.
The church may also need to quickly communicate with the congregation in the event of an emergency or to inform members of a special event that cannot wait until the next gathering. A church text messaging solution like Egosms makes this simple. The following list will give you an overview of the many applications of church text messaging.
Church bulk SMS benefits
A congregation is more than just a gathering of worshipers. Church members are a community. Church texting services can keep these small groups and communities informed and up to date on events. The advantages of church bulk SMS include, but are not limited to:
• Simple and instant contact with the whole congregation
• Welcome messages for new members or attendees
• Event reminders and updates on schedule changes
• Fast, instant communication and response
• Continuous connection with the congregation throughout the week
• Messages targeted to segments of the congregation
• Share survey links and feedback requests
• Donations, volunteer, and emergency requests
15 ways churches can use church texting services
Church leaders and staff can use Egosms church mass texting service to connect with members of their congregation and community.
1. Send daily motivation and inspiration messages
DAILY BIBLE VERSE:
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
2. Messages of thanks
Thank you for attending, and making this Christmas sermon the best one yet!
3. Emergency prayer requests and other timely notices
Deacon Sam Kutesha is in the hospital after suffering acute chest pain on Friday.
Please keep him and the family in your prayers.
4. Requests for project volunteers
The church is in need of three more volunteers to help out with the youth ministry.
Please reply YES to this message if you are interested.
5. Church invitation
Great meeting you at our annual celebration. Our church hosts a mass every Sunday at 9 am. You are welcome to join us.
Hope to see you there.
Children’s church leaders created a parents’ text group for Sunday school updates.
Please text “SUNDAYSCHL” if you’d like to be included.
Other use cases:
• Request for prayers
• Bible verses
• Event reminders and church invitation messages
• Recaps of latest church announcements
• Reach out to specific members/groups of the church (e.g youth)
• Changes in church schedules
• Congratulatory messages for special occasions (e.g anniversaries etc)
• Communicate project updates
• Suggestion requests
• Donation and contribution reports
How to Send Church Text Messages
1. Sign up to Egosms bulk SMS marketing platform
Egosms SMS marketing web platform allows you to create a free account and explore how SMS marketing can help grow your business.
2. Upload Current List of Contacts
Once you have completed the free and simple sign-up process, it’s time to upload your list of members to Egosms. Add your master contact list. You can split your list into groups for more targeted text messages.
3. Create Your Text Message
You can send targeted messages to various groups within your contact list. For example, only those signed up as project volunteers will receive a specific message that others won’t. You can set up as many groups or segments as you like.
4. Send Church Texts messages
You are now ready to send your texts to your intended audience. Use EgoSMS to reach out to your church members whenever you can. This conveys you care. When you receive guests or first-time visitors at your church, get their consent before getting in touch with them via text message. Provide them with a little form to complete with their name, phone number, and signature. You can then send them a welcome message. Be sure to check in on congregants you haven’t seen in a while.
5. Promoting Your Church Texting Campaign
• Write a short summary and encourage questions and discussion about the new service, on your church’s website and social media pages.
• Mention it in church service announcements.
• Schedule church meetings to get ideas and suggestions for campaigns that people might have special interests in.
At Egosms, our church text solution is simple to use, making it a preferred choice for communicating with church members.
Egosm makes it easy to connect with your congregation. Just sign up and create your free account. Our platform simplifies SMS communication so that anyone can easily send bulk messages to their target audience.
Sign up for a free account today!